Enter your keyword

Monday, May 6, 2013

Country Club Hotel Dubai - Offering a Membership - FRAUD

I would like to share my experience that me and my husband encountered last week. I thank God that my husband didn't change his mind on his decision that whatever it will take, we will not avail their offer.

We are at WestZone Supermarket when a Filipina asked us to fillup a form for their raffle draw in Country Club Dubai. Since it's free so I've decided to complete the form by putting the correct details.

The day after that, someone called me on my mobile and told me that we are one of the lucky winners who can avail free dinner on their hotel. Just present a valid ID and should be willing to stay for 1 1/2 hour for a presentation. So I agreed and go to the said venue, date and time.

After reaching the hotel, I noticed that the place are very crowded and looks like there's a promotion happening. We feel that we are overdressed on the place because me and my husband are wearing formal attire (I am wearing black dress and high heels while my husband is wearing his office attire) while other guests are wearing shorts and jeans only. We usually go to an event in Hotel and I think our outfit is just right but not on that event (we think)!

After presenting our IDs we asked to sit and wait our turn to enjoy our meal. While we are waiting, I noticed a small cafeteria where each couples where partnered with one representative. They are seriously discussing something.

I remember that setup when I availed a fraud Insurance company, Family First, when I was in Philippines. Wherein the representative will discuss you the benefits, show you some presentation and computation.... That's why during that time, I can smell something fishy already. We want to leave until a guy introduced us to a girl named Angel. She doesn't have ID that's why I cannot track her profile over the net (hehe). She courted us on their bar where you can eat their FREE buffet. We we're disappointed because this is not the service I am expecting. It's only consists of 3 dishes with 1 soup, 1 rice and salad. And their drinks is only water. So in summary, we didn't enjoy our dinner because we are expecting something classy.

After eating our dinner, we went outside and meet Angel. She asked us to sit on the cafeteria and started to interview us regarding travels, our family and our lifestyles.

After 3 1/2 hours of discussions, YES! 3 1/2 hours wasted! Actually the offer was fine because the concept is once you will become a VIP Member of Country Club, You can enjoy a FREE stay for 7 days every year in all of their hotel worldwide! PLUS you can also exchange those 7 days to other hotel which is a member of DAE (Dial an Exchange) 4 and 5 starts hotel worldwide too. So in short, you can travel every year with free accommodations for 7 days yearly!

After asking us if their offer was good (their way to make you feel the excitement), the guy presented us the price of the membership and it costs AED 32,000. But he is giving us 20% discount so it will become 25,600 AED. 50% Downpayment (AED 12,800) while the remaining balance can be paid monthly.

Since me and my husband have plans for our wedding next year, it was very easy for us to decline that offer since this is actually not our priority this time. So that amount will really affect our budget for the wedding. So we told them honestly that right now, our money was already saved for the wedding next year. That's why we don't have money that we can provide right now. So they decrease and decrease the amount up to 16,000 AED for 15 years. and they only need AED 2,000 deposit just to reserve the slot. They computed it for 12 months so we only need to pay them 166.66 AED per month + AED 583.33 for 24 months for the remaining balance.

During that time, I already thinking that this is really a good deal but at the same time, I was thinking that how come that from 32,000 AED they made it less for AED 16, 000. Sounds unreal.

So after 3 times of adjusting the computation, we ended up on not availing the offer.

When we reached at home, that's when we realized that it might be fraud. I tried to google about this issue and found lots and lots of complaints about them. Thank God that he gave my husband a presence of mind not to loose our goal and to be firm in his decisions.

I am writing this for those people who got their invitation from Country Club Dubai. It would be better to refuse because you will just waste your time in listening with them. At the end of the day, you can still provide a travel and leisure to your family which is under your budget. And you will not decide to go for a holiday and vacation if you don't have budget right?

All trips and tours should be planned. No matter how expensive or cheap is your hotel, the most important is you will enjoy it because it is under your budget and you are with your loved ones.

In writing these keywords, I hope that you can reach my blog on the right time :)
Country Club Hotel Dubai
Country Club Dubai Hotel Complaints
Country Club Dubai Membership
Country Club Dubai Membership Fraud
Free dinner at Country Club Hotel Dubai




17 comments :

  1. Book for hotel due to your holiday spending is more important. I want to get the tips over Dubai hotel & its features so please give me details on that. If you really need the effective advantages for Visa to UAE then have look on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened to me and my hubbie in Bora during our honeymoon. Wasted the night with their "presentation". Hubs actually wanted to avail but I firmly said N-O! The "presentor" tried to shame us pa by saying, "Sana di ako mapahiya Sir/Mam". Then there was this couple that "availed" and they rang the bell! Planted much?
    Sorry for the quotation marks, it still irks me when I think about it. Imagine you in heels expecting a nice evening with your husband, then.. haynaku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i joined them, unlukily i did not checked internet before. They misrepresent lot of thinsg and make you feel that you are saving a lot but actually when i availed first offer it made me clear that when you book through country club you instead end up paying more than normal rates and very disgusting hotels. Its a straight fraud and people who has been traped needs to join hands together to file a complaint against them in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Should not leave them. Please come forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dmulwani, sorry to hear that. I know that most of the people who will check it only is "the after". However, this is not 100% fraud because they are really offering free stay in their hotel for different countries. But if you will think, their hotel is actually doesn't offer nice facilities unlike those 5 and 4 star hotels. There are lots of deals online offering for traverls like groupon, cobone etc.

      So in big picture, you can still have your vacation whenever you want depends on your budget. I've heard that some of their hotels are far from the city. Then the booking process is too long unlike other online booking system nowadays wherein you will just book then print the confirmation no.

      How long do you need to pay and how much did they offer you?

      Delete
    2. He have to get our money back.

      Ladies & gentlemen please contact me to file an official complain against them
      0529033132

      Delete
    3. Hey Have you received money from them. I am in loop as well. Tired of contacting these crooks. I paid 21000AED on April 21 2016. No reply from them on payment. I request you to help me

      Delete
    4. I had attended Ramadan Market event in DWTC last Thursday (23-Jun-2016) and there was counter with lucky draw, just fill name, email ID, telephone number and drop it in a box. I got a call today (5 days later) from 042930407 and the lady said, you have been selected for free holiday trip to India, Thailand, Malaysia...etc only we have to pay for tickets and visa. Rest all cost like Hotel and food will be provided by them. They called me and my wife to their office in Al Qusais.
      I am sure they are fraud and stunned still this scam is running in Dubai from long time. Authorities have to take legal action against these companies. I don't have more details, else I would have filed case against these people.

      Delete
  4. yes they cheat people be carefull guys I am going to file the case for them in consumer court of Dubai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how u file the case lack of official documents.becoz they don't give any doccument which u claim

      Delete
    2. They have did fraud with me as well if u have done an official complaint already please guide me

      Delete
  5. contact me to get back your money from these crooks.. companycracks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. been with their presentation as well last night and from the start i know there is something wrong.. we got the exactly the same experience.. i am worried with the other families we left behind. i hope they don't go with the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. been with their presentation as well last night and from the start i know there is something wrong.. we got the exactly the same experience.. i am worried with the other families we left behind. i hope they don't go with the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I also lost money recently and fighting to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your composing is purely awe-inspiring that I desired to read such high quality material book hotel cancun ..

    ReplyDelete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Popular